Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The Cursed Veena

I was so excited to read Vanished by Sheela Chari because both my daughter and husband read it last year and they raved about it!    We had basmati rice, potato and pea samosas, potato curry, and ... potato chips which are Neela's favorite food!

I was very impressed by Neela's (the main character) perseverance and passion to find out the mystery of her missing veena. I loved her friend Matt!  What  funny guy!  I liked that he believed in her and helped her as but he could and never tried to take over, he had a lot of faith in her as a smart resourceful person.  I don't want to spoil this book for anyone who hasn't read it yet, but this book was a wonderful adventure in two different countries with so many characters interwoven, you're never totally sure who is innocent!  I hope one day Sheela Chari will write a sequel to this book.  I'd love to read a sequel where Neela is grown up and has a daughter who somehow gets the even sent to HER!
I give this book a solid 5 out of 5 cappuccinos!  (This will be my rating system on this blog.)
Happy reading!

-Emily

2 comments:

  1. Excellent story and it keeps you guessing till the very end! Now I just wish I had a veena to practice on. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you. A lot of different plot twists and it was a lot of fun to read

    ReplyDelete